There’s lots of news and information to share, so let’s get right to it.
New Pre-Order System
This debut’s offerings — The Truck, Large Zip-Top Shop Bag, Small Zip-Top Shop Bag, and Original Small Shop Bag — will be available for pre-order on July 24th with an estimated ship date of early September. All four bags will ship on the same day. Each bag will be available for pre-order from July 24th until July 31st OR until the maximum production batch quantity sells out.
Those of you who’ve known us for a while know that we used to offer new designs for pre-order. The world (and our shopping cart system) have changed since then and there’s a few key differences in the new pre-order system: first, your credit card will be charged for the full amount when you place your pre-order, and second, you’ll be able to add In-Stock bags to your open Pre-Order up until two days before your order ships.
We expect you’ll have a lot of questions about pre-orders and have done our best to answer those in a mini-FAQ on each pre-order product page and in the two blog posts linked below. As always, you’re welcome to give us a call, live chat us, or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.Read more...
Below is a list of questions (and answers) that we’re asked — or anticipate we will be asked — about our various tote bag designs. If you have a question that wasn’t answered here, feel free to email@example.com.
- You offer five different tote bag designs (not counting different sizes). Can you tell me a little about each of them?
- Which of the tote designs is right for me?
- Why do you offer so many different tote bag designs?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a tote bag with a zipper top?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a tote bag with an open top?
- How do people typically use their tote bags?
- Which of the totes can be carried on the shoulder as well as in hand?
- Have you considered making the handles/shoulder straps adjustable in length?
- What are the key differences between a tote and a duffel bag?
- I want to add some additional organization to my tote. Which accessories fit in which totes?
- If I knew I was going to be stranded on a deserted island, which tote bag would you recommend that I take with me?
- I’m planning to take Ulysses by James Joyce, a water filter, my pet rock, an antique sugar bowl, a small adze, a picnic blanket, a jumbo bag of salt water taffy, and some antibiotics in case I need them for my pet rock. So, which tote?
You don’t need to read this FAQ to place a Pre-Order: it’s a pretty straight-forward process, so just go for it if that’s what you’d like to do.
If you’d like to know in advance everything there is to know about Pre-Orders, here you go! Below is a list of questions that we anticipated might be asked. If you have a question that wasn’t answered here, feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can you give me a quick summary of how pre-order works?
- How do you define “pre-order”?
- When is my credit card charged for a pre-order?
- Can I ask you for updates on the progress of my pre-order?
- Can I cancel my pre-order and receive a refund?
- Can I return the bag that I pre-ordered once I receive it?
- Can I change the color of the bag I pre-ordered?
- I’ve placed a pre-order that will ship in 2-8 weeks. Can I add bags to that existing pre-order?
- I placed a pre-order and it shipped earlier than expected! Nice. How’d that happen?
- Will all new designs be introduced for pre-order?
- What’s the best way to be notified once a new design is available for pre-order?
- Can you accept pre-orders (backorders) for stock items?
- Hey, didn’t you used to offer backorders and pre-orders up until three or four years ago?
- Is it possible for a pre-order to “sell out”?
- How long will a pre-order be open?
- If a pre-order sells out, when will you offer the next pre-order?
- Why can’t you make enough bags to satisfy all pre-orders?
- How, and when, does a pre-order design become a stock design?
- When a bag is offered for pre-order, will there be any distinction made between limited run and stock items? That is, will it be clear which items will only be offered for a limited time, vs. those you expect to have on hand for the foreseeable future?
- Will the color options for pre-orders be the same as a regular run? For example, say I really want Bag X in Steel/Iberian, but the pre-order colors don’t include that combo. Can I find out if the regular run will have it?
- What’s all this about some retired designs possibly being offered for pre-order at a later time?
Subscribe: Blog Posts
You’ll receive an email every time we publish a new blog post. That’s about 3-4 times a week.