Ask the Forum: What We’re Carrying, Reading, and Listening to
Feature image: Coyote Swift by kkintea.
This summer, we were curious about what members of the Forum were up to. Among other things, we asked what bags they were carrying, books they were reading, and music they had in their rotation. We got back lots of great responses, and wanted to share some with you.
If you’ve got a long weekend heading your way, or if you’re trying to hold on to just a few more lazy days and want something to read or listen to and relax, check out these suggestions.
And if what you read here has you feeling inspired, hop on over to the Forum for more.
Bags we’re carrying
- “Brand-new Pilot, Aubergine/Wasabi.” — TavaPeak
- “For work, my Nordic Swift. While on vacation, a Black 3D Organizer Cube/Dyneema Daylight Backpack/Small Shop Bag in Northwest Sky and Large Shop Bag in Island.” — Pokilani
- “Carrying my Black Dyneema/Wasabi Medium Cafe Bag. Traveling with a Linen Daylight Briefcase and Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet Western Flyer.” — Juanito
- “Most recent trip: Black/Wasabi Aeronaut 30 for clothes/shoes/toiletries, Black/Wasabi Synapse 25 as mobile office, Black and Northwest Sky Shop Bags with travel snacks and camp cooking gear.” — kathryn
- “Grey/Iberian Synapse 19 as my work bag, Black/Iberian Side Effect for short evening walks or going out on weekends, Linen/Navy Small Cafe Bag for longer outings. … Plus my Shop Bags (Northwest Sky, Island) are getting lots of use (grocery shopping, farmers market, hauling spare shoes/sunscreen/snacks/etc to leave in the car for after a hike).” — ClaireJ
- “Smart Alec (Black/Navy/Iberian) with Upper Modular Pocket (Navy/Steel), everyday carry for work and travel.” — gatorfan
Stuff we’re reading
- Dragonfly in Amber. — bchaplin
- The Residence (biography of White House residents and staff). — GoStanford
- Bring up the Bodies. — jagmuse
- A Walk in the Woods; next up is Flirting with French. — NWhikergal
- Just about to start reading The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country. — ceepee
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder. — guiliof
- The Bonesetter’s Daughter. — bb93f057
- Re-reading Northanger Abbey. Bloodroot is next unless something else catches my fancy. — binje
- The Little Prince in English and Korean. — Fever39
What we’re listening to
- “Hey Mama” with Nicki Minaj. — Yokosmom
- NPR’s Star Wars radio drama. — Perseffect
- Anna Calvi, Strange Weather EP and Tove Styrke, Kiddo. — Darcy
- No One is Lost by Stars. — deemav
- Miguel‘s new album Wildheart, and I’ve recently gotten into K-pop so I’ve been listening to BigBang and BTS. — Simone
- Rage Against the Machine (all albums). — Tizi
- The Protomen, The Cover Up. — Hannah
- Built to Spill’s new one. — bltkmt
- Bright by Echosmith. — Lara
- … And click here to see sujo’s summer playlist.
Mark your calendars! Our Seattle Factory Showroom will be open the following Saturdays: Dec. 14th 2019 and, in 2020, March 21st, June 20th, and September 19th.
We’ve created a new page that invites you to “order” free materials that we can’t make use of but maybe you can:
Free Materials for DIY Projects
Subscribe: Blog Posts
You’ll receive an email every time we publish a new blog post. That’s about 3-4 times a week.